Exhibits and bio below…

 

Current Exhibition:

The River Garden
157 Main Street, Brattleboro, Vermont

Fifteen of my landscapes are hanging for the month of September. Hours are M-F 9-5 and Sat. 12-4. All are framed and available for purchase. This is not a formal gallery. It’s a public space where I was asked to show and support the Strolling of the Heifers organization.

See how I work in the video posted on my Instagram account:

Black bear created #vermontartist #indiaink #marymeyer #bears

A post shared by Steven Meyer (@stevenmeyerartist) on

 

 

Magazine article featuring the story of Mary Meyer Stuffed Toys, my family’s 85 year old business.

Past Exhibition:

Crowell Gallery – Newfane, VT
January 2018

My show at the Crowell Gallery at Moore Free Library in Newfane, VT was January 2 – 30, 2018.  I am raising money for the Cutts Fund. 75% of sales go to the Bruce Cutts family following their tragic house fire and loss of dear family members in December. The other 25% supports the library. Most of my work is India ink on Yupo paper. It’s an interesting medium applied with anything handy from brushes and squeegees to Q-tips and steel wool.

ARTIST RECEPTION  Saturday, January 6  1 – 3pm

GALLERY HOURS  Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 1 – 5 pm  |  Thursday: 2 – 7 pm  |  Saturday: 10am – 1 pm

[put image here]

Education:

Columbus College of Art & Design
Columbus, Ohio
BFA Industrial Design – 1986

Workshops:

Vermont Studio Center – Johnson, VT
Vermont Artist Week – 2010

Landscape workshop w/ John Traynor – 2004

Art New England workshop w/ Joel Babb at Bennington College 2003

Art New England workshop w/ Ken Beck at Bennington College 2002

Workshop with Wolf Kahn – 1999

Past Exhibitions:

The Works – Brattleboro, VT
Two person show – February 2014

Crest Studios Gallery – Townshend, VT
One person show – Fall 2006

The Crowell Gallery – Newfane, VT
Faces/Places – Two person show – May 2005

Southern Vermont Arts Center – Manchester, VT
Fall Juried Show – September 2004

Various shows at Windham Art Gallery 2003 – 2006

Salon 16 – August 2004

Windham Art Gallery – Brattleboro, VT
Shared Inspiration – November 2003